Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dang You California....

Did this study in a hurry 6 x 8 in. from the North Shore Trail Point Lobos

It's true I am a native Californian and much of my family and my extended family still live there so I do love the place. However, there is a reason why I don't live there.  Take for instance today.  I drove hundreds of miles through the horrid Nevada desert (if you've done the Idaho to California drive you know what I mean and if you haven't don't bother).

I arrive in the "Golden State" only to be socked in by coastal fog all day long!  Yet, 300 yards off the beach it was crystal clear blue sky.  I walked along Point Lobos State Reserve taking photos and did a few small color studies (see above).  But the great California color was socked in by coastal haze....booo!

Then we decided to drive home only to be stuck in a typical California traffic jam.... 1 hour 25 minutes to drive 25 miles.  Forecast for tomorrow...coastal fog.......and traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment