Monday, January 20, 2014

Off to a Bad Start

"Cold Shadows" 12 x 16 in.
 

So one of the things I wanted to do more this year was blog more.  However, three weeks into 2014 I have nothing to show for it.  I coming to the realization that I may always be blogger delinquent.   

Anyhow, I spent some time last month outdoors doing some paintings.  I headed towards the Weiser River in western Idaho.  It was just a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine (this would have been when most of the country was in the polar vortex a few weeks back).  After the day with the high around 40 I decided to head back to my car when I saw this scene.  The sun had just gone behind a hill and created a strong sense of light.  As I painted, the temp dropped at least 20 degrees. My fingers were numb and I shivered for the last 45 minutes of the painting hence giving it the title "Cold Shadows".  

I will be posting some more works from this winter soon. Happy painting in 2014!

2 comments:

  1. You're a better man than me. I never would have made it out the door at 40 degrees. And I definitely would not have been able to create such a fine painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave you climatize a little and when I started it was great out just got brutally cold very quickly!

      Delete