Saturday, August 22, 2015

Plein Air Rockies 2015


I just returned from the Plein Air Rockies 2015 show in Estes Park, CO.  It's a national plein air show with some really talented folks from all over the country.  What makes this show so interesting is the vast subject matter that is available to paint.  You can paint farms, ranches, cityscapes, and endless mountain scenery.  

Of course I choose the mountain scenery and spent the majority of my time being a human "Billy Goat" climbing (and I mean on all fours) up cliffs to reach lakes over 10,000 feet.  It was sublime!  It really is.  If you ever get a chance to head to Rocky Mountain National Park do it!  However, don't just drive around because the "real" beauty is back in the mountains.  It takes a little effort, but I promise you will never forget the scenery.

Anyhow, I painted about 8 or 9 pieces and about 6 were "keepers" and these 3 were put in the show, which runs till October.  If you're in the area stop on by the Estes Park Cultural Center and check out the great paintings!





No comments:

Post a Comment