Sunday, October 28, 2012

Variety

"Pine Creek" 12 x 16 in.
 
One of the things I have been working on lately is adding more variety in my work.  I've been attempting to add more color, texture, brushwork, and shape variation.  If you truly examine great painters they often have variety in all these phases of their work.  
 
This weeks painting is a studio version of a field study I did a few weeks back. In this version, I attempted to add more variety in the color of the willows and I attempted to change their shape although after uploading this photo I think I may have to change the shape of the back willows as they are all about the same size.  I think I may also play with the willow on the left and make it a tad more wispy and I might have to add some texture variation.....oh the joys of painting....it never ends!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment